Quick fix: Broken flextrack

Shortie post today. A bit of hydrocal got under the newspaper and stuck to the rail of my flextrack, and in the process of removing it I broke the rail out from under the tabs. This was in about a 3 inch section. Here’s how I fixed it…

First, I pulled up the section of flextrack until I could get under it with a small xacto knife blade. I cut one tie free so I could put a PCB tie in its place. At this point I also filed the underside of the weathered rail to make sure I could solder to it. I used a pair of ME track gauges to make sure that the rails had the correct spacing.

20121126 2

Solder the rails in place with an appropriate isolation gap and bam! Your track’s in gauge again!

20121126 1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s